"gtfohaghawos" I made that internet acronym up myself. It stands for "get the fuck out of here and go have a wank or something"... I'm hoping it will catch on.
I'm bored again, and this time its a strong ass coffee thats got me buzzing. So I thought I'd post about Pegz new album, "Burn City". I just got this shit last night, Kirk gave it to me. Putting it that way makes it sound like some kind of STD or something.
"whats up with cold sore headlock?"
"I just got this shit last night, Kirk gave it to me"
But its not an STD. Its a rap album, and thank fuck for that - cause i dont think i could deal with any more medication in my life right now.
I'm a big fan of Pegz work. Axis, for my money, was one of the best Australian releases ever.. umm released. So this one has to be good or i'll be sending the trained vampire bats after him.
I'm going to conduct this review in pro / con dot point format.
* Pegz is the best lyricist in the country hands down, and continues to earn that title here
* Some genuinely great tracks. "Block to Block", "No Attachments", "Diligent Music" and "I dont need your judgement" all win.
* The average and less than stellar tracks are still better than 80% of what else is out there
* Some excellent guest appearances. Funkoars, Vents and Planet Asia are standouts
* Some fantastic production by Suffa and particularly Jase
* Probably does not cause cancer
* The 2 guest vocalists (ie. singers) could've done better. Perhaps its the mixing, but it just doesn't sound right.
* Draphts guest verse
* Interlude is pointless. Its like that one guy thats in the photo, and noone knows who he is, but he's really happy to be there.
Thats about it. The cons are really nitpicks. There isn't anything too much wrong with the singing, it just could've been better maybe. Likewise there is nothing wrong with the interlude, apart from the fact it doesn't add anything and you'll probably skip it every time. Draphts verse... well that is a bit crap. Not the worst thing ever by any means, just not exactly good either. Brings the track down is what i'm saying. It sounds like it was mixed wrong, or the mic didn't agree with him, or something... cause his voice sounds even more high pitched than normal. When that verse started, my dog attacked me and one of the windows shattered. He seems pretty bored in his delivery and he also drops this bomb: "like bruce lee in rumble in the bronx".
Anyway on a scale of 10, i'm giving this a 9. Go pick it up.
* LISTEN: Pegz ft. Funkoars - Block to Block